- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Inauguration Oyster Soup Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely grated|
|Onion||1 Medium, minced|
|Leek||1 , thinly sliced|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light cream||1 Pint|
|Calm juice/Minced clams||1 Can (10 oz)|
|White wine/Dry sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 973 Calories from Fat 691
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g120.7%
Saturated Fat 47.8 g239.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 295.9 mg
Sodium 659.2 mg27.5%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 22 g44.8%
Vitamin A 180.1% Vitamin C 37.3%
Calcium 31.5% Iron 45.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a pan and melt ½ a cup of butter in it.
2) Stir in the carrots, celery, leek and onion until they are well covered with the butter.
3) Simmer the covered pan over very low heat for 20 minutes and stir it occasionally.
4) Take another pan and prepare the white sauce by adding the flour, ¼ cups of butter, cream and milk, stirring constantly until it turns creamy and thick in consistency.
5) Mix the vegetables in it along with salt and pepper and keep aside until serving time.
6) Heat the minced clams or clam juice along with white wine or sherry and the oysters with their water for 10 minutes on very low flame. Do not let the mixture boil.
7) Pour it into the creamy white sauce while hot and stir over low flame.
8) Serve hot