- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Ikan Mackerel Kicap Recipe Video
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), sliced|
|Ginger||1 Small, julienned|
|Shallot||3 Medium, slice|
|Tomato||1 Medium, quartered|
|Soya sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Mackerel||150 Gram, fried (in black beans)|
Calories 202 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.9%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.2 mg
Sodium 112 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 9 g17.4%
Vitamin A 10.9% Vitamin C 17.8%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat up the oil in a sauce pan and fry the garlic, the shallots and the ginger until it becomes translucent.
2. Then add in the mackerel with black beans and stir fry gently so you do not break the mackerel.
3. Pour the soya sauce into the wok and add in the tomatoes, the onion rings and the vinegar. Stir gently.
4. Then season with sugar to taste. If it is dry, you may add a little bit of water.
Once the tomatoes are slightly wilted, it is time to remove the pan from the heat
5. Serve it with steamed hot rice and garnish it with some sliced spring onion