- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ikameshi - Rice stuffed Squids Recipe Video
|Squids||100 Gram (8 squids)|
|Mochigome||180 Milliliter (Sweet/Sticky Rice)|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 273 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.6 g0.92%
Saturated Fat 0.14 g0.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58.3 mg19.4%
Sodium 648.8 mg27%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.4%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 8 g15.6%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Start by cleaning the squid. Remove the cuttle bone and clean the inside with a spoon.
2. Remove the head from the arms, and remove the suckers. Also remove the beak and keep the arms aside.
3. Repeat the process and clean the remaining squids.
4. Take a bowl of water and clean the squids. Drain the squids and place on a plate.
5. Soak the sweet rice for about 1 hour.
6. Drain the sweet rice in a strainer and remove the excess water.
7. Stuff the squid with the rice and close it properly.
8. Repeat the process with the rest of the squids.
9. Take a deep pan and mix sake with sugar, soy sauce and water.
10. Place all the stuffed squids into the pan and place the arms along the side of the edge of the pan.
11. Simmer the mixture for about 30 minutes until the rice is cooked.
12. Reduce the broth with the help of a ladle.
13. When the broth is reduced as shown, turn off the heat.
14. Allow the squids to cool.
15. Cut half of the squids into 4 equal pieces.
16. Place the sliced and unsliced squid on a plate. Add the cooked arms on the side of the plate and pour the broth over the squids before serving.