- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Filipino Igado Recipe Video
|Pork tenderloin||2 Pound, sliced into 2-inch strips|
|Pig liver||1⁄2 Pound|
|Kidney||1⁄2 Pound (Pig Kidney)|
|Green pea||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Medium, cut into strips|
|Garlic clove||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large, cut into strips|
|Dried bay leaves||3 Medium|
|Soy sauce||6 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 710 Calories from Fat 166
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.7%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 318.1 mg
Sodium 1559.2 mg65%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.6%
Dietary Fiber 13.8 g55.3%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 77 g154.8%
Vitamin A 325.6% Vitamin C 142%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 117.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. When the oil is hot enough, sautÃ© the garlic and onions
3. Add the pork tenderloin and continue cooking until the color of the outer part turns light brown
4. Pour-in the soy sauce and water then simmer until the pork is tender
5. Add the pig€™s kidney, dried bay leaves, salt, and pepper and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Add the pig€™s liver and vinegar then simmer for another 10 minutes.
7. Put-in the carrots and simmer for 3 minutes.
8. Add the green pea and red bell pepper and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Allow the liquid to evaporate to thicken the remaining sauce.
9. Transfer to a serving plate then serve.
10. Share and Enjoy!