- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Idiyappam String Hoppers Recipe
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Rice flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), roasted|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
Calories 329 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.8%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g21.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 67.3 mg2.8%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.7%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 5 g9.8%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 0.73%
Calcium 0.9% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Pour the boiling water slowly into the rice flour, stirring all the time to prevent lumps.
3. Knead well to form a soft dough.
4. Divide the dough into small portions and press each portion through a semolina press onto idly moulds
5. Steam in idli moulds for 7 to 10 minutes.
6. Garnish with grated coconut. Serve hot with sweetened coconut milk, or any meat or vegetable stew.