- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tasty Idaho Potato Lollipops Recipe Video
|Russet potatoes||6 Medium, peeled (IdahoÃ¢Â®, 70 Count)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Minced chives||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 , juiced and zested|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Canola oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bacon strips||4 , cooked crisp, finely chopped|
|Stone ground mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Thinly sliced chives||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|2% low fat milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Required For Reheating)|
|Finely grated cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Yellow onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), roughly chopped|
|Fresh arugula||2 Cup (32 tbs), washed, dried (Firmly Packed)|
|Lemon||1 , zest of lemon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste, cracked freshly|
Calories 3014 Calories from Fat 2341
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 264 g406%
Saturated Fat 62.5 g312.7%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 405.2 mg
Sodium 1476.6 mg61.5%
Total Carbohydrates 116 g38.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g44.7%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 51 g101.2%
Vitamin A 84.9% Vitamin C 155.3%
Calcium 113.7% Iron 41.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Place potatoes in pot of heavily salted water; bring to simmer. Cook until potatoes begin to soften, 5 to 8 minutes; remove from water and dry at room temperature. Potatoes should be cooked 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through.
3. Prepare Bacon-Mustard Aïoli: In food processor, pulse yolks, lemon juice, zest and garlic until incorporated and smooth, about 1 minute. Combine oils; slowly add to egg mixture with processor running so mixture emulsifies. If mixture gets too thick, add 1 to 2 tablespoons milk or water. Transfer to small bowl. Using rubber spatula, fold in bacon, mustard and chives; season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
4. Prepare Cheddar Béchamel: Melt butter in small, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour; cook to a smooth paste, about 1 minute. Whisk in milk; cook until mixture is thick and smooth, 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low, add cheese, salt and pepper; stir until cheese has melted, 2 minutes. Remove from heat; adjust seasoning. Reserve warm.
5. Prepare Arugula Cream: In a heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. As butter begins to brown, add onion and garlic; cook until onion becomes translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Add arugula, lemon zest, cream, salt and pepper. When cream reaches a simmer, lower heat; cook until liquid is reduced by half, 7 to 8 minutes, watching closely so cream doesn't boil over. Remove from heat; transfer to blender or food processor. Purée until smooth. Adjust seasoning. Reserve warm.
6. Liberally season potatoes with salt and pepper. Heat oil in deep-fryer to 350°F to 360°F, and finish cooking potatoes for 6 to 8 minutes until fork tender and golden brown. Remove potatoes; carefully slide lollipop stick into each for service.
7. Per portion: Spoon 1 tablespoon each of aïoli, béchamel and arugula cream onto a plate. Carefully place potato lollipop so it stands secured in sauces. Garnish with minced chives. Serve at once.