- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Idaho Mashed Potatoes or Pommes Duchesse Recipe Video
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon, grounded|
Calories 875 Calories from Fat 422
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.9%
Saturated Fat 30.1 g150.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 126.6 mg
Sodium 558.2 mg23.3%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g35.9%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g50.1%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 14 g27.6%
Vitamin A 29.5% Vitamin C 186.2%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take potatoes peel and dice evenly.
2. If you want to steam potatoes then keep them in a hotel pan and cook approximately for 15 minutes.
3. If you want to boil then take a pan fill with water, bring to boil add potato and cook for 20 minutes.
4. Drain potatoes in a strainer.
5. To remove excess moisture from potato put it in a sheet pan in single layer.
6. Bake in an oven at 300 degrees for 10 minutes.
7. Put potatoes in a large bowl to mix with blender, add butter.
8. Slowly pour milk while mixing the batter.
9. Seasoned with salt and pepper.
10. Serve in a bowl with any choice of main dish.
To get smooth and silky texture, take food mill and mash potatoes.
Add more butter and can use cream too.