- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Iced Prawn Curry Recipe
|Prepared prawns||6 Ounce|
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, finely chopped|
|Flour||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Tomatoes||8 Ounce (1 Tin)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Sweet mango chutney||1 Tablespoon|
|Tabasco sauce||To Taste|
|Single cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Long grain rice||6 Ounce|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Salad oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 1225 Calories from Fat 775
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g133.8%
Saturated Fat 14.9 g74.6%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 83.2 mg27.7%
Sodium 852.7 mg35.5%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.4%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 23 g45.2%
Vitamin A 42.8% Vitamin C 65.2%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 26%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Prepare the prawns and keep them aside.
2) Use a frying pan, to melt butter and sauté the onion gently until soft.
3) Sprinkle with flour and curry powder, stir well.
4) Stir in tomatoes plus liquid from tin, salt, sugar and chutney.
5) Bring the mixture to a boil by stirring well.
6) Cover with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
7) Remove from heat and strain the curry sauce into a basin.
8) Add mayonnaise, Tabasco sauce, cream and lemon juice into the sauce.
9) Fold in prawns and place inside refrigerator to chill until the serving time.
10) Properly cook rice in plenty of boiling salted water for 8 minutes.
11) Drain water and wash in cold water to cool and drain again. Place in a baisn.
12) Use a small screw-top jar to measure salt, pepper, mustard, vinegar and oil for the dressing. Cover the lid and shake thoroughly to mix.
13) Pour the dressing over the cooked rice, toss well and chill until ready to serve.
14) Use a serving platter, to heap the rice. Make a well at the center to pour in the prawn curry. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with buttered brown bread.