- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Icing Cake Recipe Video
|Orange||1 , finely grated zest only|
|Caster sugar||100 Gram|
|Icing sugar||100 Gram, sifted|
|Plain flour||125 Gram|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2205 Calories from Fat 821
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93 g143.5%
Saturated Fat 55 g275%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 638 mg
Sodium 547.2 mg22.8%
Total Carbohydrates 324 g108.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.5%
Sugars 216.2 g
Protein 22 g44.1%
Vitamin A 67.1% Vitamin C 126.7%
Calcium 52.8% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. For the cake: melt the butter gently in a saucepan and set aside.
3. Using a hand-held electric beater, whisk together the eggs, grated orange zest and caster and icing sugar for a few minutes until light and slightly fluffy. Stir in the melted butter and sift in the flour and baking powder. Fold it all together gently.
4. Pour the cake mixture into the prepared tin, smooth the surface and bake in the oven for 3540 minutes or until golden and set in the centre and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
5. Place the tin on a wire rack and allow to stand for about ten minutes before removing the cake carefully from the tin. Allow to cool on the wire rack.
6. For the topping: sift the icing sugar into a bowl and stir in just enough orange juice until it is soft but not runny.
7. When the cake is cool, place it on a serving plate or cake stand and spread the icing over the top. Serve in slices.
Cooks note: Dipping a spoon or table knife in boiling water makes it easier to spread the icing.