- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Iced Carrot and Orange Soup Recipe
|New carrots||1 Pound (450 Grams)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Pint (Scant 1 Liter)|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Orange juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oranges||4 , juice extracted|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint (1 1/2 Deciliter)|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, chopped (Or As Required)|
Calories 196 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.6%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27 mg
Sodium 298.7 mg12.4%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 263.1% Vitamin C 82.2%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Scrape carrots and cut into thin slices.
2. Peel onion and slice thinly.
3. In a saucepan, melt butter.
4. Stir in carrots and onion and fry gently for a few minutes until the vegetables soften; do not brown them.
5. Add the stock and season with salt and sugar.
6. Bring the soup to boil; cover and simmer gently for 1 hour.
7. Remove the pan from heat.
8. In an electric blender, puree the soup or pass through a metal sieve.
9. Stir in orange juice and the cream.
10. Cool, cover and chill in the refrigerator for several hours.
11. Garnish with chopped chives.
12. Serve chilled.