- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Icebox Pinwheels Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||9 Tablespoon, softened (1 Stick)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Semi sweet chocolate||1 Ounce (1 Square)|
|Unsweetened cocoa||3 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3055 Calories from Fat 1145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 134 g206.7%
Saturated Fat 76.3 g381.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 501.8 mg
Sodium 972.5 mg40.5%
Total Carbohydrates 438 g145.9%
Dietary Fiber 26.3 g105.2%
Sugars 217 g
Protein 43 g86.8%
Vitamin A 72.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 47.7% Iron 77.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In 2-quart saucepan, melt chocolate and remaining 1 tablespoon butter over very low heat. Stir in cocoa until combined. Add chocolate mixture to dough in bowl, stirring until blended.
3. Roll chocolate dough between two sheets of waxed paper into 12" by 10" rectangle. Repeat with vanilla dough. Remove top sheets of waxed paper from chocolate and vanilla doughs. Using waxed paper, turn vanilla dough over onto chocolate dough. Peel off top sheet of waxed paper. Using bottom piece of waxed paper to help, roll up doughs together jelly-roll fashion. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until very firm, at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
4. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease two large cookie sheets.
5. Cut dough crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place the slices, 1/2 inch apart, on the prepared cookie sheets.
6. Bake just until golden, 10 to 12 minutes, rotating cookie sheets between upper and lower oven racks halfway through baking. Cool on cookie sheets on wire racks 5 minutes. With wide spatula, transfer to wire racks to cool completely.