- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
|Margarine/Butter||4 Ounce, softened (100 gram, plus 10 Milliliter or 2 teaspoon to grease tins)|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Eggs||2 Medium, beaten|
|Self rising flour||4 Ounce, sifted|
|Boiling water||15 Milliliter|
|Raspberry jam||60 Milliliter|
|Double cream||150 Milliliter|
|Vanilla ice cream||1⁄2 Pint, hulled (275 Milliliter)|
Calories 521 Calories from Fat 301
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.7%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79.6 mg
Sodium 309.9 mg12.9%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.28 g1.1%
Sugars 33.6 g
Protein 5 g9.8%
Vitamin A 18.3% Vitamin C 0.43%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350 Deg F (180 Deg C/Gas 4) , grease and line two 7 inch round sandwich tins.
2) Cream together the fat and sugar until fluffy, beat in the eggs gradually, add the flour in between, fold in the remaining flour, finally, stir in the boiling water and blend well.
3) In the baking tins, place the mixture and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 min until lightly browned and spongy; cool on a wire rack.
4) Stiffly whip the cream put in a piping bag,
5) Place one cake on a plate, layer with the jam, slice the ice cream and layer all over the jam; layer the lower side of the other sponge cake with jam and place on top of the icecream.
6) Pipe the whipped cream over the top of the cake and arrange the raspberries.
7) Serve immediately.