- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ice Cream Fresh Fruit Tostada Recipe
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Ice cream||1 Quart|
|Kiwifruit||2 , pared, sliced|
|Strawberries||7 , hulled and sliced|
|Blackberries/Blackberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chocolate sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1890 Calories from Fat 1374
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 155 g237.8%
Saturated Fat 40.3 g201.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 135.6 mg
Sodium 192.7 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 89.1 g
Protein 13 g25.6%
Vitamin A 25.9% Vitamin C 71.6%
Calcium 36.6% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon and stir to blend.
2. In a shallow frying pan, heat 1 inch of oil, over medium heat.
3. When oil is sufficiently heated, deep-fry the tortillas, until crisp.
4. Remove and drain oil on paper towels.
5. Dust generously with the cinnamon-sugar.
6. On 4 dessert plates, place the tostadas.
7. Spoon 1or 2 scoops of your favorite ice creams in the center.
8. Top with fruits on generously drizzle with chocolate sauce.