- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
My Invented Jerk Chicken Recipe Video
|Scallion||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped|
|Scotch bonnet pepper/Habanero pepper||3|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Jerk seasoning||3 Ounce (1 packet Keith Lorren's Jerk Seasoning)|
|Dark mushroom soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|White vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole chicken||2 , butterflied|
|Lime||1 Large, juiced|
Calories 1373 Calories from Fat 873
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 97 g149.2%
Saturated Fat 26.8 g133.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 450 mg
Sodium 666.1 mg27.8%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 112 g224.8%
Vitamin A 31.3% Vitamin C 27.3%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 33%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Puree the chopped scallions, scotch bonnet peppers, onion, jerk seasoning, mushroom soy sauce, white vinegar, and oil in a blender.
2) Butterfly the whole chickens.
3) Place chickens in large foil container and squeeze lime juice over and mix well.
4) Using a knife, poke holes on both sides of the chickens.
5) Add 9 tablespoons of the jerk seasoning mixture.
6) Massage the seasoning into the chicken till it is well coated.
7) Allow chicken to marinate for few hours to 2 days.
8) Set up barbeque grill.
9) Put the chicken onto the grill breast side up, tucking the wings back so they don’t burn.
10) Cover the grill and allow chicken to cook till done.
11) Remove chicken from grill and allow to rest for 15-20 minutes.
12) Cut the chicken and serve with a green salad and beer.