- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hurry Up Rice Skillet Supper Recipe
|Frozen mixed vegetables||10 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Instant minced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Condensed cream of celery soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Precooked rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Packaged)|
|Tuna||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Dried parsley flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|Crumbled marjoram||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 331 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.5%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.8 mg9.9%
Sodium 490.7 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.5%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 23 g45.6%
Vitamin A 121.5% Vitamin C 29%
Calcium 20.5% Iron 56.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large skillet, add in the frozen vegetables, onion, water and salt. Cook for about 5 minutes.
2) Add in the condensed cream of celery soup. Blend well.
3) Add in the rice, tuna, parsley and marjoram. Mix and allow the mixture to come to a boil slowly. Stir continuously.
4) Place a lid on the skillet. Turn down the flame and simmer for 5 minutes.
5) When the rice is cooked and the mixture turns creamy, squeeze in the lemon juice.
6) Serve the Hurry Up Rice Skillet Supper with a meat curry or vegetable gravy on the side.