- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hungarian Pork Recipe
|Pork fillet||1 3⁄4 Pound (800 Gram)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Beef stock/Stock made with a stock cube||1⁄2 Pint, made (250 Milliliter)|
|Tomato puree||1 Teaspoon|
|Small button mushrooms||6 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Soured cream||1⁄4 Pint (125 Milliliter)|
Calories 493 Calories from Fat 246
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.8%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.8 mg
Sodium 369.7 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.2%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 43 g86%
Vitamin A 46.7% Vitamin C 10.8%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) With a sharp knife cut pork into 3.75 cm (1 1/2 inch) chunks.
2) Heat oil and butter and fry pork till brown.
3) Drain out the excess oil placing the pork on absorbent paper towels.
4) In the remaining oil, fry onion and paprika stirring continuously for 2 minutes.
5) Mix flour and cook for 1 minute.
6) Turn off heat and mix stock, sherry and tomato puree.
7) Place the pan on heat again and boil the contents. Simmer and cook till the liquid thickens.
8) Transfer pork to the pan and add seasoning. Cover and cook on simmering heat for 30 to 40 minutes till pork is completely cooked.
9) Mix mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
10) Garnish with sour cream before serving.
Freeze the mixture tightly sealing it in a container and refrigerating it. When serving, put the content to a nonstick casserole, cover and warm in oven at 170°C, 325°F, Gas Mark 3, for 40 minutes stirring occasionally.