- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hungarian Goulash Recipe
|Chuck steak||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock/Water||3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs)|
|Tomato puree||4 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3195 Calories from Fat 2164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 245 g377%
Saturated Fat 96.7 g483.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 614.2 mg
Sodium 3529.8 mg147.1%
Total Carbohydrates 119 g39.6%
Dietary Fiber 17.1 g68.6%
Sugars 55.2 g
Protein 129 g258.6%
Vitamin A 270.3% Vitamin C 97.1%
Calcium 73.3% Iron 90.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the meat into cubes measuring about 1 1/2-inch each.
2) Peel the onions and thinly slice them.
2) To a deep, heavy-bottomed skillet, add oil and saute the meat cubes along with the onions over medium heat till the onions have turned golden.
3) Add the hot stock and season with salt to taste. Bring the mixture to a simmering point over moderate heat.
4) In a bowl, blend together the tomato puree, paprika, sugar and flour. Mix till smooth.
5) Into the mixture, put a few tablespoons of the hot stew liquid and stir well.
6) Take the pan with meat and onions off the heat and then stir in the tomato puree mixture. Blend properly.
7) Put the pan back on the heat and bring the mixture back to a simmer.
8) Cover the pan and cook the stew over low heat for about 2 hours or till the meat has tendered.
9) Serve hot after skimming the fat, stirring in the sour cream and adjusting the seasoning to taste.