- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zuza Zak's Weeknight Dinners: Hungarian Goulash Recipe Video
|Beef steak||1 Pound, chopped (I used feather blade steak)|
|Red pepper||1 , bite size pieces|
|Onion||1 , roughly chopped|
|Beef stock/Lamb stock||1 Cup (16 tbs) (just enough to cover meat)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 235 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.9%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.2%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 69.2 mg
Sodium 272.5 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 27 g53.4%
Vitamin A 23.7% Vitamin C 168.4%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 19.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, heat oil, add onion, and paprika. Stir, pour little stock and cook for a couple of minutes.
2. Add meat, turn the heat down and let it brown.
3. Add chopped peppers and cover with stock. Turn the heat up and bring it to a boil.
4. Season with salt, cover with lid, turn the heat down and cook for 10-15 minutes.
5. Sprinkle pepper and serve with crusty bread.