- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hummus with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Recipe Video
|For the hummus|
|Boiled garbanzo beans||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), soaked, drained and cooked (Set aside a few for garnishing the hummus)|
|Sesame seeds||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Soaked in a little water)|
|Roasted pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Roasted red bell pepper used) (Optional)|
|Cumin powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use as required)|
|For the garnish|
|Boiled garbanzo beans||1 Teaspoon|
|Roasted peppers||1⁄4 Teaspoon, chopped finely (Roasted red bell pepper used)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 68 Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7%
Saturated Fat 0.57 g2.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.07 mg
Sodium 182.9 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 2 g4.5%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 6.1%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Food processor / blender
1. Soak garbanzo beans (chick peas) over night in water. Drain them and cook until well cooked.
2. Soak sesame seeds in water.
3. Into a food processor add the cooked garbanzo beans, soaked sesame seeds, roasted red bell pepper, salt, cumin powder, fresh lime juice and a little water. Blend until you get a smooth paste.
4. Remove the blended hummus into a serving bowl. Garnish with a few boiled garbanzo beans, finely chopped roasted bell pepper and sprinkles of paprika powder.
5. Drizzle with olive oil and serve the hummus as a spread with pita bread or as a dip with chips or freshly cut vegetables.
You can saute red bell pepper in a pan and add the saute bell pepper if roasted bell pepper is not available.
Feta cheese may be used for added flavor.