- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hummus Recipe Video
|Chickpeas||15 Ounce (1 can)|
|Tahini paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon, freshly squeezed|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as required)|
Calories 535 Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.3%
Saturated Fat 0.95 g4.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 532.4 mg22.2%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23.1%
Dietary Fiber 19.7 g78.9%
Sugars 12.6 g
Protein 25 g50.2%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 13.3%
Calcium 19% Iron 45.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Put 5 large garlic cloves in aluminium foil, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, and wrap the garlic. Place the garlic in the oven for about 15 minutes.
3. In a blender take the chickpeas, Tahini, extra virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice, cumin, salt and roasted garlic cloves.
4. Add a little bit of water, around 2 tablespoons, and blend all the ingredients (Use a spoon if to mix the ingredients in your blender if it gets stuck at some point before adding water – you don’t want to end up with a hummus that is too fluid).
5. In a serving bowl, pour the hummus, garnish it with paprika, chickpeas and serve with any appetizer.