- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Humboldt Dungeness Crab Recipe Video
|Dungeness crab||4 Large, fresh|
|Rock salt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
Calories 1170 Calories from Fat 119
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.3%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 802.8 mg267.6%
Sodium 4013.7 mg167.2%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 237 g473.8%
Vitamin A 24.5% Vitamin C 79.4%
Calcium 62.6% Iron 28%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Fill a 14" dutch oven with water & add rock salt.
2. Bring to a boil & submerge crab.
3. Reduce heat & cook 15-17 minutes, uncovered or loosely covered.
4. Remove the crab from the boiling water and rinse in cold water in separate container.
5. Clean crab
6. Plate, crack your crab and devour.
7. If you are cooking indoors, add 1 small jar of pickling spice. This will sweeten the meat and keep your kitchen free of fowl odor after cooking.