- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hukilau / Pagoda - Ahi Katsu Salad Recipe Video
|Ahi tuna loin||8 Ounce|
|Tempura batter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Panko||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for frying)|
|Mixed greens||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sesame wasabi dressing||3 Tablespoon|
|Cherry tomatoes||3 Small, halved|
|Cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Lotus roots chips||6|
|Avocado||1 Large (for garnish)|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly shredded (for garnish)|
|Green onion||1 Tablespoon, thinly sliced (for garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4561 Calories from Fat 2968
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 340 g523.4%
Saturated Fat 46.2 g231.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 7416.1 mg309%
Total Carbohydrates 292 g97.3%
Dietary Fiber 53.9 g215.6%
Sugars 18.7 g
Protein 98 g195.7%
Vitamin A 590.7% Vitamin C 157.9%
Calcium 25.4% Iron 29.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wrap the ahi tuna loin in the nori sheet and glue the edges with some rice.
2. Drop it in the tempura batter and roll it in the panko bread crumbs.
3. Flash fry it in oil for a minute or so and let it rest.
4. In a mixing bowl, take the mixed greens and spoon in the sesame wasabi dressing. Toss to coat the leaves and plate it.
5. In the same mixing bowl, empty the cucumber dices and the tomato halves and lightly toss them in the remaining dressing in the bowl and plate along with the mixed greens.
6. Slice the nori wrapped ahi loin in discs and place on the salad.
7. Throw in the lotus root chips and garnish with an avocado fin, shredded carrot and green onions. Serve right away.