- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Everyday Huevos Rancheros Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled, finely chopped|
|Red pepper||1 , deseeded and finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and finely chopped|
|Green chilies||4 , deseeded and finely chopped|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon|
|Ripe plum tomatoes||1⁄2 Pound, peeled, deseeded and roughly chopped (700 Grams)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Coriander sprigs||3 (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1814 Calories from Fat 820
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g141.8%
Saturated Fat 20.2 g100.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1285.8 mg
Sodium 3414.7 mg142.3%
Total Carbohydrates 191 g63.8%
Dietary Fiber 23.8 g95.4%
Sugars 36.3 g
Protein 67 g134.7%
Vitamin A 222.3% Vitamin C 525.5%
Calcium 54.3% Iron 101.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add the garlic, chillies, ground cumin, chilli powder and chopped coriander and cook for a further minute.
3. Add the tomatoes and sugar. Stir well, cover and cook gently for 20 minutes. Uncover and cook for a further 20 minutes.
4. Lightly poach the eggs in a large frying pan, filled with gently simmering water. Drain well and keep warm.
5. Place the tortillas briefly under a preheated hot grill. Turning once, then remove from the grill when crisp.
6. Add the freshly chopped coriander to the tomato sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. To serve, arrange two tortillas on each serving plate, top with two eggs and spoon the sauce over. Garnish with sprigs of fresh coriander and serve immediately with warmed refried beans, if liked.