- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How To Poach An Egg Recipe Video
|Boiled water||3 Cup (48 tbs) (as required)|
|Cider vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttered toast/Buttered crumpet||1 (For serving)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 183 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.5%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 286.1 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 0.96 g3.8%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 8 g16.4%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.8% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Into a small ramekin, crack an egg and set aside.
2. Half-fill a large frying pan with freshly boiled water, add in the cider vinegar and heat over a medium flame. Watch for small bubbles around the edge. Don't boil the water.
3. Carefully drop in the cracked egg, keep it on a low heat for exactly 1 minute. The egg will start to rise to the top of the pan once it is cooked.
4. Carefully take the egg out of the frying pan with a slotted spoon and put it on kitchen paper to drain.
5. Serve the poached egg on top of a hot, buttered crumpet or toast.