- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How To Poach An Egg Recipe Video
|Boiled water||3 Cup (48 tbs) (as required)|
|Cider vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 73 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.6%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 106.2 mg4.4%
Total Carbohydrates 0.43 g0.14%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 6 g12.6%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.8% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Into a small ramekin, crack an egg and set aside.
2. Half-fill a large frying pan with freshly boiled water, add in the cider vinegar and heat over a medium flame. Watch for small bubbles around the edge. Don't boil the water.
3. Carefully drop in the cracked egg, keep it on a low heat for exactly 1 minute. The egg will start to rise to the top of the pan once it is cooked.
4. Carefully take the egg out of the frying pan with a slotted spoon and put it on kitchen paper to drain.
5. Serve the poached egg on top of a hot, buttered crumpet or toast.