- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Thai Spicy Squid Salad Yum Plaa Muek Recipe Video
|Fresh squid||1 Pound|
|Green onions||2 , chop in 1/2 inch pieces|
|Shallot||2 , cut in half and slice|
|Ginger||2 Tablespoon, cut in stirps|
|Lemon grass||1 , chop in thin diagonal slices|
|Mint leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)|
|Hot chili||2 , chopped finely|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 281 Calories from Fat 31
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.3%
Saturated Fat 0.88 g4.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 528.5 mg
Sodium 1268.2 mg52.8%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 39 g77.2%
Vitamin A 23.3% Vitamin C 89.7%
Calcium 14% Iron 16.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a sharp knife cut the green onion in about 1/2” slices and slice the lemon grass thinly.
2. Cut the ginger in thin strips.
3. In a small bowl mix all the ingredients for dressing.
4. Wash the squid, split the squid open, and cut in half.
5. Cut each half in 2 inch strips, and make small criss cross slits on them.
6. In a pot of boiling water, put the squid and cook for 5 minutes, drain and allow to cool.
7. In a bowl, put together squid, green onion, ginger, shallot, lemon grass, mint and pour the dressing on top and mix well.
8. Serve immediately garnished with mint sprig if desired.