- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rum Butter Balls Recipe Video
|Cake flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Pecans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Chocolate chips||6 Ounce|
|Unsalted butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Icing sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rum/1 tsp rum extract + 2 tsp water||1 Tablespoon|
|Icing sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 308 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25%
Saturated Fat 7 g35.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.2 mg
Sodium 59.2 mg2.5%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 22.4 g
Protein 3 g6.5%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 0.11%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 0.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedCookie sheet
Ice cream scoop
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degree F.
2. In a mixing bowl combine butter and cream it with a wooden spoon.
3. Add salt, icing sugar and rum, cream everything together.
4. In another bowl combine cake and pastry flour with chopped pecans and chocolate chips, mix well.
5. Add this to the butter mixture and mix everything up to form smooth dough.
6. Using an ice cream scoop, portion the dough into small balls and then roll them into a smooth ball.
7. Place the on the cookie sheet and bake them for 20 minutes.
8. Once done remove and allow it to cool for few minutes.
9. Roll the balls in the icing sugar and coat it well, place it in the parchment paper.
10. Serve the rum butter balls as a snack.