- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Quinoa Tabbouleh-Stuffed Peppers Recipe Video
|Quinoa||1 Cup (16 tbs), well rinsed and drained|
|Water||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Plum tomatoes||1 Pound, peeled, seeded and diced|
|Parsley||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mint||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bell peppers||6 (green, red, yellow and orange)|
Calories 284 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.5%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 92 mg3.8%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.6%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 8 g15.2%
Vitamin A 57.9% Vitamin C 268.7%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 22.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
2. Rinse the peppers and remove the tops, and clean out the webbing and seeds. Set aside.
3. Place the quinoa in a sauce pan and add in the water, bring to a boil, cover and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes.
4. Fluff the cooked quinoa and spread it out on a cookie sheet to cool.
5. In a bowl combine plum tomatoes, quinoa, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, mint, olive oil, pine nuts and season with salt and pepper. Mix well all the ingredients.
6. Stuff the peppers with the quinoa mixture and place on a pan standing upright.
7. Cover the baking pan with foil and bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees F.
8. Serve Quinoa Tabbouleh-Stuffed Peppers with rice or bread.