- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How To Make Pita Bread Recipe Video
|White flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||2 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Tomato||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Green onion||2 , chopped finely|
|Cucumber||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Lettuce||1⁄4 , chopped|
|Lemon juice/Yogurt||2 Teaspoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 222 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.3%
Saturated Fat 0.4 g2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 166.9 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g21%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 8 g15.2%
Vitamin A 19% Vitamin C 8.2%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degree F. Invert a pan and place inside the oven.
2. In a bowl, pour ¼ cup of water. Add yeast and let it stand for 10 minutes.
3. In a warm bowl, sift ½ cup of flour and salt. Form a well in the center. Pour in the yeast mixture and remaining warm water into the well.
4. Begin to mix with hand, adding remaining flour.
5. On a floured surface, place the dough and knead for 10-15 minutes until smooth.
6. In an oiled bowl, place the dough and incubate for 2 hours.
7. Divide the dough into 8 equal balls. Roll each ball into 6-7 inch circles. Let it stand for 20 minutes.
8. Place bread dough on the inverted pan. Bake 3-4 breads at a time in the preheated oven for 3-5 minutes.
9. Serve the Pita Bread with curried cabbage and tomato onion salad.
TIP: For Making Salad: In a bowl, combine tomato, green onion, cucumber, lettuce, lemon juice, salt and pepper.