- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Loaf Recipe Video
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Low fat yogurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon rind||1 Large, grated|
|For the glaze|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Large|
Calories 312 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.1%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.4 mg15.5%
Sodium 104.7 mg4.4%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.8 g3.2%
Sugars 36.3 g
Protein 7 g13.5%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 9%
Calcium 17.6% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line and grease a 8 x 4 loaf pan. Keep aside
3. In an electric mixing bowl, cream together butter with sugar.
4. Stir in the egg, yogurt and beat until well combined.
5. Add milk and continue mixing.
6. In another bowl, combine the flour with baking powder. Add this into the wet mixture and stir quickly until well combined. Add the lemon rind and mix until well combined and smooth.
7. Take the lined and greased loaf pan, pour the batter into it and spread it evenly, and smooth out the top.
8. Bake it in the preheated oven for an hour or until the tester comes out clean.
9. For the glaze: In a bowl, add and combine the sugar with lemon juice. Stir it continuously until the sugar dissolves.
10. Once the loaf is done, remove the pan from the oven and pour the lemon glaze over the loaf. Let the loaf cool completely on a rack before serving.
11. Cut the loaf into desired slices and serve with tea or coffee.