- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Vanilla Yogurt Recipe Video
|Skimmed milk powder||4 Tablespoon|
|Fresh milk||4 1⁄4 Cup (68 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Plain yogurt||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 48 Calories from Fat 16
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.8%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.7 mg1.9%
Sodium 24 mg1%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 2 g3.9%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 0.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl with 1/2 cup of milk, dissolve the milk powder completely.
2. Once done, pour into another bowl with 3 3/4 cup of milk. Stir well.
3. In a sauce pan on medium heat, pour the above mixture, add sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves. Bring it to a boil. Once it starts boiling at 185 degrees F, hold that temperature for about 5 minutes using a candy thermometer.
4. After 5 minutes, take the saucepan off the heat and lower the milk temperature to 112 degrees F. Once it is at 112 degrees, add vanilla extract and mix well.
5. Pour about 1/2 cup of the above milk mixture into a bowl and add yogurt. Mix until well combined and pour it back into the milk container.
6. In a yogurt maker, pour the milk-yogurt mixture evenly. Cover and incubate the yogurt for 5 - 10 hours or until thick. Once done, remove the yogurt from the maker and refrigerate it for 12 hours or overnight until firm.
7. Serve this yogurt with strawberry jam, maple syrup or fresh cut fruits.