- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Macaroni And Cheese Recipe Video
|Macaroni||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|For the cheese sauce|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs), shredded|
|For the topping|
|Fine dry breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Tablespoon, shredded|
Calories 420 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.4%
Saturated Fat 15.8 g79%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.8 mg
Sodium 614.2 mg25.6%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.8%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 17 g33.6%
Vitamin A 24% Vitamin C 0.99%
Calcium 38% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a pot on high heat, bring the water to a rolling boil. Once it starts boiling add the macaroni and cook it for 8 minutes or until soft. Once done, drain the macaroni and set it aside.
3. For the cheese sauce: In a sauce pan on medium heat, melt butter. Once the butter is melted, stir in the flour, salt, pepper and dry mustard. Mix well and cook for 1 minute on medium heat until well combined.
4. Gradually add milk whisking simultaneously and cook it on medium heat for 6 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
5. Stir in the cheddar cheese and whisk it until well combined. Once done, pour the cheese sauce over the macaroni and mix until well coated.
6. Take two greased casserole dishes and add the macaroni coated with cheese sauce.
7. For the topping: In a bowl, add and combine butter with the dry breadcrumbs. Once done, sprinkle this over the macaroni with cheddar cheese and paprika.
8. Bake this in the preheated oven for 25 - 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
9. Serve the macaroni and cheese hot.