- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How To Make Generic Biryani At Home Recipe Video
|Basmati rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Ghee||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), divided|
|Red potatoes/Carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Mushrooms/Broccoli||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Green beans/Cauliflower||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Zucchini/Peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Red onion||1⁄2 , thinly sliced|
|White onion||1⁄4 , thinly sliced|
|Green onion||2 , thinly sliced|
|Shredded carrot||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Coconut||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs), chopped|
|Nuts||14 Cup (224 tbs)|
|Cilantro||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs), chopped|
|Indian spices||2 Teaspoon|
|For yogurt salad|
|Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Green chilies||2 , chopped finely|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, chopped finely|
|Red pepper||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|For beetroot salad|
|Beetroot||1 (peeled and chopped)|
|Carrot||1 , chopped|
|Cabbage||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice/Yogurt||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 3686 Calories from Fat 2685
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 289 g444.1%
Saturated Fat 55.1 g275.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40 mg
Sodium 2152 mg89.7%
Total Carbohydrates 192 g63.9%
Dietary Fiber 44.6 g178.5%
Sugars 34.5 g
Protein 122 g244%
Vitamin A 79.6% Vitamin C 93.3%
Calcium 88.9% Iron 14.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot, boil water and cook rice. Keep on simmer.
2. In a pan, melt half of the ghee. Add red onion, green onion, potatoes, mushrooms, green beans, zucchini and white onion. Stir fry for a few minutes.
3. In another pan, melt the remaining ghee and sauté carrot, coconut, nuts and spices. Add salt and stir fry until light brown.
4. Add all vegetables and spice mix to the rice and simmer for a few minutes.
5. Remove the biryani from heat and garnish with cilantro.
6. Serve the hot Biryani with salad and enjoy!
FOR YOGURT SALAD
1. In a bowl, add cucumber, green chilies, ginger and red pepper. Pour yogurt and sprinkle some salt. Mix well.
2. Serve this Yogurt Salad with biryani.
FOR BEETROOT SALAD
1. In a dish, add beetroot and water. Cover and cook in the microwave oven at power 10 for 4 minutes.
2. In a bowl, add cabbage, carrot, nuts, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add in the cooked beetroot and mix well.
3. Serve the Beetroot Salad with biryani.