- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to make Gazpacho Recipe Video
|Stale french bread||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed|
|Tomatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs), diced|
|Green pepper||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), diced|
|Cucumber||2⁄3 , peeled, seeded and diced|
|Red onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Tomato juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||To Taste|
Calories 302 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.8%
Saturated Fat 0.9 g4.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 507.5 mg21.1%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.3%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 10 g19.3%
Vitamin A 34.1% Vitamin C 92.3%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl add in the stale French bread and cover with water, let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Take out the bread from the water and squeeze. Place in a food processor jar.
3. Add in the tomatoes, green peppers, cucumbers, red onion, and garlic. Processes until mixture becomes a coarse puree.
4. Pour mixture into a bowl and stir in tomato juice, extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, hot pepper sauce, and salt and pepper. Mix well all the ingredients, cover and refrigerate to chill.
5. Ladle the Gazpacho into the bowl, garnish with cucumber and serve.