- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dark Banana Loaf Recipe Video
|Bananas||3 Medium, ripened|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||3 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil/Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 302 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.5%
Saturated Fat 0.99 g4.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.9 mg
Sodium 546.5 mg22.8%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 29.7 g
Protein 5 g9.9%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 5.4%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Keep aside.
3. In food processor, add the bananas and beat until smooth.
4. Add in the sugar, baking soda, salt and beat until well combined.
5. Add in the eggs, vegetable oil and blend for about 1 minute until well combined.
6. Stir in the flour, milk over the wet mixture and blend until just combined for a few seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and process for few more seconds.
7. Take the greased pan, pour the batter into it and spread it evenly, and smooth out the top.
8. Bake it in the oven at 275 degrees for about 2 1/2 hours or until the tester comes out clean.
9. Once done, remove the pan from the oven and let the loaf sit in the pan for about 10 minutes. Remove and let the loaf cool completely on a rack before serving.
10. Cut the loaf into desired slices and serve with tea or coffee.