- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How To make Curried Potatoes With Peas As A Side Dish Recipe Video
|Potatoes||4 Medium, boiled, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Canola oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|White onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (1 large white onion used)|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Spices for seasoning|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander and cumin powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ginger powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|For the garnish|
|Coriander leaves||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 144 Calories from Fat 22
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.8%
Saturated Fat 0.24 g1.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 358.6 mg14.9%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.5%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 4 g8.5%
Vitamin A 23.1% Vitamin C 50.4%
Calcium 4% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Boil the potatoes for about 15 minutes. Peel and dice them, set aside.
2. Heat a saucepan at medium heat with oil, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and allow them to pop.
3. Add the chopped onions, frozen peas and saute for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the cooked potatoes, seasonings, mix well to combine all the spices with the potatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add the lemon juice, stir and garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves. Turn off the heat.
6. Serve with naan, roti, rice or paratha.
If you prefer a gravy for the vegetable dish, add 1/2 cup of water or 1 cup of chopped tomatoes (3 medium tomatoes)/2 tbsp tomato paste.
The given recipe may be used as a filling for batatavada or as a filling in a vegetable sandwich.