- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to make Classic BBQ Chicken Recipe Video
|Secret bbq sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole chicken||1 Medium, cut into large pieces|
Calories 419 Calories from Fat 255
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.5%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 140.6 mg
Sodium 182.6 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 0 g0.02%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 35 g69.8%
Vitamin A 7.4% Vitamin C 6.8%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the grill at medium – high.
2. Place the chicken breast side up and remove the legs, cutting between the thigh and body.
3. Bend the thigh back and twist to break the hip joint and cut through the joint.
4. To separate the drumstick from the thigh, place the skin side down and cut through the joint.
5. To remove the wing pull away from the body and cut between the joint and breast, remove the wing tips, these can be frozen and used in a chicken stock.
6. Using kitchen shears cut the rib cage along one side from the tail end to the neck and then repeat on the other side and remove the backbone in one piece.
7. With the skin side down press the knife on the breast to remove and then trim away any fat.
8. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 20 minutes, turning once.
9. Generously brush the chicken with BBQ sauce and continue cooking for 25 minutes.
10. Serve BBQ Chicken with BBQ Sauce and lemon wedges.