- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How To Make Butternut Squash Risotto Recipe Video
|For butternut squash|
|Butternut squash||3 Cup (48 tbs), diced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Risotto rice||250 Gram|
|White wine||150 Milliliter|
|Vegetable stock||1 Liter (Hot)|
|Fresh sage leaves||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh sage leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Sunflower oil||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 460 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.4%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 560.3 mg23.3%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.6%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g42%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 3 g6.5%
Vitamin A 241% Vitamin C 51.2%
Calcium 31.4% Iron 29%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degree C/gas mark 6.
FOR BUTTERNUT SQUASH
2. In a shallow roasting tin, place the chunks of butternut squash and pour over 2 tablespoon of olive oil. Turn the squash to coat it in the oil. Cook it in the oven at 200 degree C for 20-30 minutes, turning it occasionally, until the butternut squash turns golden.
3. In a deep frying pan over medium heat, heat one tablespoon of olive oil and add the onion. Cook the onion for 5 minutes, until it softens.
4. Add the rice to the pan, and stir it well to mix it in with the onion, and then add white wine. Bring it to a simmer, and then stir until the wine is almost completely absorbed.
5. Boil the stock and gradually add it to the risotto, stirring the risotto well, until the rice is just cooked. Adding the stock slowly and stirring well will help to make a thick, almost creamy risotto.
6. In a pan, heat sunflower oil and add the sage leaves. Fry them very briefly until they are just crisp. Remove them from the pan.
7. Stir in the cooked butternut squash into the risotto, season with salt, pepper and chopped sage.
8. Garnish the Butternut Squash Risotto with the fried sage leaves and serve hot.