- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Simple Beef Pad Thai Recipe Video
|Chopped garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Green onions||1 (1 Inch Long)|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sliced beef pieces||1 Pound|
|Rice noodles||2 Cup (32 tbs), soaked in warm water for 20 minutes|
|Fish sauce/Oyster sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Tamarind concentrate/Vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 978 Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.6%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63 mg21%
Sodium 2195.8 mg91.5%
Total Carbohydrates 172 g57.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.7%
Sugars 16.7 g
Protein 31 g61.9%
Vitamin A 7.8% Vitamin C 7.7%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Directions for preparation:
• Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok on medium heat and sauté the shallots and garlic.
• Add the beef and stir fry it till it is done. (3-4 minutes)
• Push the beef to one side of the wok and add the noodles.
• Add a spoonful or two of water to the noodles to help soften it.
• Add the sugar and fish sauce.
• Stir in well and mix it all together.
• Add a little more oil if need to avoid it from sticking to the pan.
• Add the egg and scramble it and let it cook.
• Mix it all in when the egg is almost cooked.
• Add in the green onions and the Thai red chili.
• Mix it well.
• Turn off heat.
• Plate it up and garnish with a wedge of lemon and some sprinkled and crushed roasted peanut.