- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana Chocolate Chip Snack Cake Recipe Video
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Banana||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), mashed|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chocolate chips||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 284 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.2%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.1 mg
Sodium 239.8 mg10%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 21.9 g
Protein 5 g9.7%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 3.1%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter with sugar and beat with an electric mixer until the sugar is well incorporated.
3. Add the eggs one at a time and beat them until well incorporated at high speed.
4. Stir in the banana and beat well. Stir in the vanilla extract and continue beating.
5. In another bowl, add and combine together the flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt.
6. Stir in about 1/3 cup of the dry ingredients with 1/2 cup of milk into the wet ingredients and beat well.
7. Stir in the remaining buttermilk and 1/3 of the flour and beat well. Finally incorporate the last cup of flour and beat until well combined.
8. Stir in the chocolate chips and mix until just combined with a spatula.
9. Take a 9 x 13 inch greased baking pan, pour the above batter evenly into the pan and bake it in the preheated oven for 35 - 40 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Once done, let the cake cool completely before serving.
10. Serve the banana chocolate chip snack cake cut into desired slices.