- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana Buttermilk Cake Recipe Video
|Cake flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), softened|
|Buttermilk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Bananas||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Pecans||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), chopped (Optional)|
|For the frosting|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), softened|
|Icing sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Milk/Light cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 653 Calories from Fat 197
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.7%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g52.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.6 mg
Sodium 367 mg15.3%
Total Carbohydrates 110 g36.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.1%
Sugars 80.2 g
Protein 8 g15.2%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 3.5%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In an electric mixing bowl, cream the butter. Add sugar and beat this until the sugar well incorporated.
3. Add the eggs one at a time and beat them until well incorporated at high speed.
4. Stir in the banana and mix well.
5. In another bowl, add and combine together the flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt.
6. Stir in about 1/3 cup of the dry ingredients with 1/2 cup of buttermilk into the wet ingredients and beat well.
7. Stir in the remaining buttermilk and 1/3 of the flour and beat well. Finally incorporate the last cup of flour and beat until well combined.
8. Take a 9 x 13 inch greased baking pan, pour the above batter evenly into the pan and bake it in the preheated oven for 45 - 50 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Once done, let the cake cool completely before applying the frosting.
9. For the frosting: In a bowl, cream the butter. Add sugar, milk, vanilla extract and beat until well combined and smooth.
10. Spread the icing over the cooled banana cake.
11. Serve the banana cake cut into desired slices.