- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to make Bacon Wrapped Scallops Recipe Video
|Scallops||1 Pound (rinsed and dried with muscle removed)|
|Sage||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , cut into wedges|
Calories 191 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.8%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.4 mg
Sodium 204.9 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 15 g29%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 18.9%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the toothpicks in water for about 30 minutes.
2. Par boil the bacon strips for about 3 minutes and set aside.
3. Wrap a piece of blanched bacon around each scallop and thread with a toothpick to keep together. Transfer the wrapped scallops onto a plate.
4. Season the scallops with sage and drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice.
5. Grill the scallops for 2-3 minutes per side over a medium hot fire.
6. Serve hot with lemon wedges.