- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tandoori Roti Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Warm water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 910 Calories from Fat 21
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.8%
Saturated Fat 0.39 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 400.6 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 191 g63.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 26 g51.6%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 4.3% Iron 64.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt to taste.
2) Gradually mix in the warm water and knead the flour into a dough.
3) Wrap the dough in a pastic foil and allow to sit in the refrigerator for an hour.
4) Meanwhile, prepare the tandoor or clay oven.
5) Remove the dough from the refrigerator, knead further on a lightly floured surface and divide the dough into balls.
6) Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to flatten it evenly.
7) Stick the flattened dough to the side wall of the tandoor.
8) Turn to cook other side after about 1 minute.
9) Spread little butter on the roti to make it tastier and serve immediately with some cooked vegetables or curries.