- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How To Make Ginger Flavored Icecream At Home Recipe Video
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), divided|
|Fresh ginger||1 Teaspoon, peeled|
Calories 213 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.5%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117 mg
Sodium 80.5 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.03 g0.13%
Sugars 34.2 g
Protein 7 g13.6%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 0.14%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a double boiler, add eggs and beat well. Place the double boiler on low heat. Add in the sugar and beat constantly until the sugar dissolve.
2. In a pan pour 1 cup of milk and heat to boiling point.
3. Pour the milk into the egg mixture and beat until smooth.
4. In blender, add ginger and blend to a smooth paste.
5. In a pan, pour remaining milk and bring to a boil. Infuse the ginger paste into milk
6. Add honey and egg custard into the ginger milk and mix well.
7. Transfer it to the electric icecream maker.
8. Process for 20 minutes then transfer the ice cream to bowls and freeze for 1-2 hours.
9. Serve the Ginger Ice Cream in chilled bowls, with fresh cream on top.