- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to decorate a Christmas Cake Recipe Video
|Fruit cake||2 Pound (20cm (8in) round cake)|
|Apricot glaze/Apricot jam||2 Tablespoon|
|Ready-made marzipan||250 Gram (to cover a 20cm (8in) round cake)|
|Ready-made sugar paste||250 Gram (to cover a 20cm (8in) round cake)|
|Ready-made green sugar paste||100 Gram (for trees)|
|Icing sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), divided (for dusting)|
Calories 771 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.9%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.6%
Trans Fat 2.5 g
Cholesterol 35 mg
Sodium 188.8 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 133 g44.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.6%
Sugars 89.2 g
Protein 8 g16.8%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 10.9%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. On a large cake board, place the fruit cake upside down. Pour some brandy on the cake. Apply apricot baking glaze on top and sides of the cake.
2. Roll out the marzipan into a thin sheet with a rolling pin, while dusting with icing sugar. Cover the cake with marzipan. Cut away the edges and rub the top and sides of the marzipan with a plastic scraper until smooth.
3. Dust some icing sugar on the table and roll out the sugar paste. Remove air bubbles with a pin. Cover the marzipan with sugar paste. Cut the bottom edges. Apply more icing sugar over the sugar paste and rub the surface with the plastic scraper.
4. Decorate the cake with a ribbon.
5. Make the Christmas trees with green sugar paste. Apply some water to the bottom of the trees and stick it on the top of the cake. Dust some icing sugar over the trees.
6. Cut this decorated cake on Christmas evening and celebrate the Christmas.