- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Cook Turkey Recipe Video
|Turkey||14 Pound, defrosted, washed and pat dried|
|Onion||1 , peeled and cut in half|
|Italian seasoning||To Taste|
|Italian dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
Calories 391 Calories from Fat 174
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.8%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 175.8 mg
Sodium 257.6 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 0.97 g0.32%
Dietary Fiber 0.09 g0.36%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 50 g100%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 0.65%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1 turkey injection, 1 oven bag, small piece of kitchen thread
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Using a turkey injection, poke and inject the Italian dressing in several fleshy parts of turkey.
3. Put the onion halves, inside the turkey cavity and sprinkle the seasoning all over the turkey.
4. Put about a tablespoon of flour, in the oven bag, and shake well to spread it.
5. Place turkey in the hand, and tie opening of the bag using kitchen thread and place it on a large baking dish.
6. Poke 5 to 6 holes in the bag to escape the steam, and bake in the oven until it gets light brown in colour and the internal temperature reaches 180 F.
7. Remove the turkey from oven and let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
8. Carve the turkey and serve as desired.