- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How To Cook Black Rice In Thai Rice Steamer - Black Rice Salad Recipe Video
|Black rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), steamed|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs) (for steaming)|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Fresh pineapple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (peeled and cut into small cubes)|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper powder||To Taste|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , squeezed|
Calories 223 Calories from Fat 32
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.6%
Saturated Fat 0.36 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 101.5 mg4.2%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 4 g7%
Vitamin A 12.2% Vitamin C 66.1%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak black rice in water for 30 minutes. Drain the water and set aside.
2. In the steamer pot, pour water and put soaked rice in the bamboo basket. Cover with a lid and steam it over medium heat for 30 minutes.
3. Transfer the rice to a salad bowl. Tip in the Red bell pepper, cucumber and pineapple.
4. Season with olive oil, salt, black pepper and lemon juice. Toss it well and transfer to a serving bowl.
5. Serve the Black Rice Salad as it is.