- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 547 Calories from Fat 273
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.6%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g21.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2484.7 mg103.5%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21.1%
Dietary Fiber 31.7 g127%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 19 g38.7%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 124.5%
Calcium 27% Iron 43%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cut off stems about 1 inch from base; remove and discard lower outside leaves.
3. With scissors, clip off tips of remaining leaves.
4. If desired, soak the artichokes 20 to 30 minutes in cold salted water, rinse and drain.
5. Set the artichokes right side up in 1-inch boiling water in a saucepot.
6. Add garlic, lemon slice, oil, and salt.
7. Cook covered about 45 minutes, or until stem can be easily pierced with a fork.
8. Drain artichokes and cut off stems at base; spread each artichoke open and pull out center leaves.
9. Using a spoon, remove and discard the "choke" or fuzzy part.
10. (Center opening should hold about 1/3 cup filling.) Proceed as directed in recipe