- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Romano's Penne Rustica Recipe Video
|For gratinata sauce|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Marsala wine||3 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon (Grey Poupon)|
|Minced fresh rosemary||2 Teaspoon|
|Minced fresh thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Penne rigate pasta||1 Pound, cooked|
|Shrimp||12 Medium, peeled and deveined|
|Skinless chicken breast fillets||2|
|Smoked prosciutto slices||2 Ounce, chopped (1/2 Cup)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon|
|Paprika||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 1209 Calories from Fat 570
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g99.1%
Saturated Fat 36.9 g184.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 333.2 mg
Sodium 1010.7 mg42.1%
Total Carbohydrates 106 g35.3%
Dietary Fiber 13.5 g54%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 57 g113.6%
Vitamin A 222.8% Vitamin C 299.5%
Calcium 35.6% Iron 44.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Prepare gratinata sauce by melting 3 tablespoons of butter in a medium saucepan over medium/low heat. Add garlic and sweat it for about 5 minutes. Be sure the garlic doesn't brown. Add the marsala wine and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients for the sauce and whisk well until smooth. Bring mixture to a simmer and keep it there for 10 minutes or until it's thick. Cover sauce and remove it from the heat.
3. Cook pasta following directions on the package (7 to 9 minutes in boiling water). You want the pasta tender, but not mushy (al dente). Strain pasta and set it aside when it's done.
4. Pound the thick end of your chicken breasts a bit with a kitchen mallet to make them a uniform thickness. Rub chicken with olive oil, then sprinkle on a bit of salt and pepper. Spear the shrimp on skewers (6 per skewer should work fine), then rub them with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Grill chicken for 5 to 6 minutes per side. Grill shrimp for 2 minutes per side. When chicken is done, slice each breast into strips.
6. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Build each dish in a large, shallow baking dish. Or you can use a 9-inch glass or ceramic pie plate. Load 3 cups of pasta into each baking dish. Add one-quarter of the chicken, 3 shrimp and 2 tablespoons of prosciutto onto each serving. Spoon 3/4 of a cup of gratinata sauce on each serving and toss to coat. Combine 3 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese with 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika, then sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of this mixture over the top of each serving. Bake the dishes for 10 to 12 minutes, or until tops begin to brown. Arrange three pimentos on the top of each serving, then jab a sprig of rosemary into the center and serve.
Makes 4 servings
For more information please visit: http://www.topsecretrecipes.com