- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Whip Up An Easy Spring Appetizer: Fairway Market - Fava Bean Crostini Recipe Video
|For the spread|
|Fava beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), peeled|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Sea salt||3 Pinch|
|Pecorino cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Crostini||1 , slice|
|Pecorino cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shave|
Calories 214 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.2%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.7 mg1.2%
Sodium 215.3 mg9%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 12.6 g50.3%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 14 g28.2%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 19.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needfood processor
1. Peel the fava beans, keep it in a bowl.
2. In a large pan put some water and cook the fava beans cook for 10 minutes and let it rest in ice cold water bath for 5 minute.
3. In a food processor add garlic, sea salt, grounded pecorino, sprinkle fresh pepper and olive oil, drizzle while blending slowly.
4. Blend it until you achieve a spread like consistency once done then keep it aside.
5. Spread the paste on the toasted crostini bread and garnish it with pecorino shaving.