- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Use Granulated or Powdered Gelatin - The Aubergine Chef HD Recipe Video
|Granulated sugar||4 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Granulated gelatin||3⁄8 Ounce (great lakes unflavored gelatin)|
|Limoncello liqueur||4 1⁄2 Ounce|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 768 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.01 g0.02%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.04%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 20.8 mg0.9%
Total Carbohydrates 178 g59.5%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 177.9 g
Protein 9 g18.2%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.7% Iron 0.73%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot combine water and sugar, whisk well to dissolve the sugar.
2. Add the gelatin, mix well and allow it to bloom for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Meanwhile in another bowl, mix together water and limoncello liqueur and stir to mix and set aside.
4. Place the first pot with water sugar mixture on very low heat, stir steadily until the mixture warms but do not allow to boil.
5. Pour the warm mixture to the limoncello mixture and mix.
6. In the serving bowls, pour the gelatin mixture, allow it to cool and refrigerate for about 2 1/2 hours.
7. Serve as desired.
You can also pour this gelatin mixture over other mousse desserts, chill and set it.